Monday, December 29

Style Crush: 10 Times Olivia Palermo Slayed the Fashion World

Hello hello everyone and let me begin this post with a brief history lesson. I began watching The Hills with Lauren Conrad & co. about 5 years ago and was especially captivated by Whitney Port's fashion-driven career, alas leading to me watching The City, a spinoff of The Hills. I quickly grew an adoration for a catty, blunt, PR gal for Diane von Furstenberg, and an absolute obsession with her wardrobe. Fast forward 5 years and here I am still drooling over her chic ensembles as I scroll through Pinterest. Here are my top 10 Olivia PalerMOMENTS from city chic to fabulous frills.

10.

In this photo Olivia is sporting a beautiful structured peacoat paired with some floral skinny jeans. She really balances proportion with the bigger coat and fitted jeans, making her look very slim. She ties it together with a red handbag, picking up tones from the pants, and some chic snakeskin stilettos.

9.

Here we see Olivia in classic, yet feminine business chic. As I aspire to be a successful business woman, this is something I can see my future self in. This look has the opportunity to look manly, but Olivia makes it girly with the frilly white blouse and oversized rings, giving a very French feel. To add the finishing touch, she adds some tortoise, cat-eye shades (LOVE!).

8.

Whenever I think of Olivia, this is the exact kind of outfit that comes to mind. Oversized. Leather. Fur. Chic. Again, Olivia plays with proportion with her huge fur vest by balancing it with leather pants. For the ultimate diva touches, she pulls her hair into a bun and carries a huge handbag.

7.

Here Olivia looks so chic in this vibrant green coat! It is so structured and has beautiful detailing with zippers and buttons. I imagine she is wearing some kind of short that we cannot see, but nonetheless her legs look awesome and long, especially because of her nude, strappy heel.

6.

This white dress is totally something I would wear. Give me a bow dress and I'll give you some big hair and let's call it a day! I love how clean Olivia looks here especially with her hair out of her face and her neutral flats. She stays minimal on the accessories so we can focus on the intricacy of the dress, which we most definitely do.

5.

Olivia looks super glam in this striped top paired with a dark, solid skirt and a tan, long coat. What really makes this outfit special is the statement necklace bringing sparkle and purpose to otherwise ordinary pieces. Olivia also breaks many fashion "rules" by mixing navy and black (shoes) and different metals with her gold bracelet and metallic detail on her bag, but manages to effortlessly pull it off (I mean we're already on #5 what did you expect?).

4.

Olivia looks super cute in this beige frilly frock! I love the feminine details and the southern feel this New Yorker portrays in this look.

3.

Olivia meets Audrey Hepburn in an all black ensemble! She looks great with the high neckline, long sleeves, and more modest skirt length (modest is hottest). She really gives a classic feel and looks like she's about to rule the world.

2.

I am obsessing over the Sex and the City SJP feel of this look! Who would've thought to put such a textured, fun dress over a simple white oxford? Genius. She is pulling another Carrie Bradshaw move with the buttoned up oxford paired with a statement necklace.

1.

The look we have all been waiting for! Olivia Palermo's BEST style moment goes to this pink lace dress! I am in love with not only the dress, but the look as a whole. From the white belt to the pearls to the tortoise glasses to the hairstyle, Olivia presents herself in a girly, polished way. The dress is extremely flattering and accentuates her in all the right ways.

I hope you enjoyed the top 10 moments of New York's trendiest socialite and are inspired by her use of accessorizing and mix of unconventional pieces! Or if you're like me, you loathe your closet now and wonder why you weren't born a Palermo. As Olivia would say to Vogue Italia, ciao!
Yours truly, Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment